...Windows Phone - Help?...

Unix, Linux, BSD... you name it. Unleash your inner geek.
MrsOni
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

...Windows Phone - Help?...

Post by MrsOni » Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 am

Moin!

Searching for an "AntiVir" program for my "WindowsPhone 8".
Do you have an AntiVir program, I'm allowed to install on my WindowsPhone?

Been searching for 40 minutes on the Internet & got nothing. Tags I used:
- AntiVir Mobile
- AntiVir Mobile for WindowsPhone
- AntiVir WindowsPhone

Am now browsing side by side (step by step) the windowsphone.com site.
Which is exhausting, since a simple "AntiVir" & "AntiVirus" came up empty.
So am doing it side by side,
browsing between all those superfluous apps for an AntiVir program for smartphones.

I hate it!
I HATE IT!
Keeping it simple and clear seems to be old-fashioned or?!
I HATE IT, cos I 've other things to do then searching hours after hours for a f***ing program!

Pardon me!
Thanks in advance!

Oni

Freedom is endless ... "Traveller - Sarazar (feat. Circle of Alchemists)"

RXS

Re: ...Windows Phone - Help?...

Post by RXS » Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 am

don't spose this is going to help but it looks as if there is little or no anti virus software for it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/n ... ction.html

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Tue May 19, 2015 7:49 am

Dont need Anti virus

most windows phones / tablet do not come with root user capability they are sandboxed

Microsoft Phone win 8 is Sandbox Operating System / Linux Based .....Programs and apps .exes .dlls cant be run outside market place/google store play the operating system is separate to any app / program , when apps are run there in sandbox mode / virtual mode there for any changes made are not made in administrator state or ROOT USER as they like to call it and but in sandbox ( sandbox I guess this equivalent to Guest/non admin privileges account on pc
Microsoft Support

Hi there.

Windows phone 8 will only execute files that have been deployed through the marketplace, there aren't any non-official app stores like there are for Android. The only way that you'll be able to place malware injected apps onto your phone is if you intentionally looked for pirated apps. Even then, it would be difficult. The chances of anyone inadvertently doing it is practically zero.

If you were to use your phone as a flash disk for the purposes of transferring files from one PC to another, of course you can infect another machine through that method (if the destination PC has no protection).

IE10 is secure. Since it is secured away from the rest of the phone, any maliciously crafted script won't be able to access any information or systems. For example, you can't infect a WP8 phone and use it as part of a botnet attack.

Any nasty scripts will either fail to execute or simply crash the IE tab.
Pete

Microsoft Support

MrsOni

Post by MrsOni » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 am

...IE10 is secure. Since it is secured away from the rest of the phone, any maliciously crafted script won't be able to access any information or systems. For example, you can't infect a WP8 phone and use it as part of a botnet attack.

Any nasty scripts will either fail to execute or simply crash the IE tab.
Pete

Microsoft Support
LMAO!
Riiight! ROFL!
Of course!
ROFLMAO!

So what happens, while I use "Whatsapp"?
How is that "secured"?
How can I check files sent through "Whatsapp"?

By the way, windowsphone.com has one similiar AntiVirus program for & from, if I'm correct, vietnamese users.
So, I shall "trust" on microsoft, that they'll secure my whole phone & all pre-installed apps with the current "IE" version?!
...O.o'... *a very evil, hysteric laugh* ...-.-'...

I only use the apps "Whatsapp" & the "IE browser", if that's important.
Freedom is endless ... "Traveller - Sarazar (feat. Circle of Alchemists)"

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Tue May 19, 2015 9:20 am

Internet explorer 10 is secure

whatsapp is limited and can only Send Picture, Send Video or Send Audio, Send Contact ,Send Location all are encrypted between users via whatsapp service only way is to psychically look at screen

Windows apps manage these files with the according software .
audio movie text gps if any file wasnt what it said it wont work in player / reader

and none of the above can change OS not even IE10

Although for Android you can complete be hacked / monitored /hijacked via installing Vietnamese apps :) for windows installing this app will only fail and sit and do nothing but be a registry entry that its installed avoid these there pointless
dont install shit you dont trust :)
WhatsApp communication between your phone and our server is encrypted.

Even though data sent through our app is encrypted, remember that if your phone or your friend's phone is being used by someone else, it may be possible for them to read your WhatsApp messages. Please be aware of who has physical access to your phone.

Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am

any file that is sent via whatsapp will either work in intended mobile phone app if it is a virus or fake it will simply fail to play load or even display as installed

it is 100% impossible to infect or have your phone or have it hijacked by using any software

only way to hack your phoone ( In theory ) to show security
to do this the whole phone operating system would have to be rewritten and then re-uploaded to your phone even then this would still take a huge amount of time and would need your phone to be physically taken apart flashed and installed win 8 root user Operating system with virus all without you noticing your phones numbers and apps etc etc have changed

Operating system refuses any installation and if any slip through the net they are only limited to working with its own code and completely isolated from every other data program app text etc etc

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Thu May 21, 2015 3:49 pm

SpecOps wrote: it is 100% impossible to infect or have your phone or have it hijacked by using any software
That is completely false. There are TONS of exploits out there for mobile devices. While I haven't heard of any viruses for Windows Phone in the wild yet, it certainly doesn't mean that they can't get viruses. Sure, it is closed source software, has small market share, and is ARM-based. So basically they are resistant to viruses through security by obscurity. An attacker would have to specifically write code to attack ARM-based, small market share phone, which is not likely. Also, application sandboxing is a great concept, but they get broken out of all the time.
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Thu May 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Yep,

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

pops

Post by pops » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:50 pm

jiggy
thats one of the best gifs ive ever seen!!
lmmfao
its all of us at one time or another........
xoxoxoxo
pops

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:13 am

oh yeah?
HotdogFacial.gif
HotdogFacial.gif (8.76 KiB) Viewed 961 times
:lol:
hehe
Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)