flummoxed

Unix, Linux, BSD... you name it. Unleash your inner geek.
E.Estrada
Site Admin
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

flummoxed

Post by E.Estrada » Thu May 29, 2008 3:17 am

i want to boot from an ide hdd before my sata hdd. but i have my cd/dvdrom as master on ide, ide hdd being the slave. the only way i have found to do it is by going to the boot menu during startup. i want the ide hdd to be the default after the cd/dvd but it boots the sata hdd which is master hdd. any ideas?
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

MrJigglyPuff

Re: flummoxed

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am

it all dependes on if your bios will allow you to change your boot device sequence.
Some will allow you to change the order in which you can boot: Floppy, CD, IDE, SATA, NET.
usually it will let you move what you what up or down in the order, others will just have a check.
but if your bios doesnt allow you to change it, you may be stuck going to the boot menu each time.

G/L

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Thu May 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Boy do I feel like an idjit. I got so caught up in trying to figure out how to prevent the ide hdd from being slave ide that I overlooked the BIOS selection for the hdd boot order. :oops:
Thanks Jig. I might need you to give me a bitch-slap every now and then just to keep my head on straight. :D
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Image Happens to the best of us!
Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)