Team Speak Donations

Info on joining our Team Speak server can be found here.
E.Estrada
Site Admin
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Team Speak Donations

Post by E.Estrada » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 pm

I decided to set up a Team Speak server of our own. I am paying for this out of pocket and don't expect anyone else to have to pay for it. If you do want to donate though you can pay for any amount of server time that you like by going HERE.

Cheers,
E.Estrada
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

Nailz
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 1
Location: El Paso,TX [the only Blue portion of an otherwise RED STATE!]

Re: VENTRILO...wtf?!

Post by Nailz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:47 am

Hell yes! I’m in!

Not that I’m particularly interested in allowing ya’ll to hear my nasally “Everyone-Loves-Raymond” voice, but I am, however, VERY INTERESTED in denying intrusive poseurs the opportunity & capability of even remotely having any leverage over us as a group.

Some of you may know my beef with a particular newcomer (“Harry Potter?”), but for those of you who don’t I will explain without trying to cause any further DRAMA.

It takes a lot to piss me off while playing RVS, but it wasn’t long before this particular boy got to me.

In addition to the constant shouting [all caps] of commands and ridiculous comments, this self-appointed Field General, who, himself, plays like shit, quickly became outright annoying.

Trust me, I don’t mind the casual, “Hold Position” or even the necessary “Go, Go, Move it!” – but anything yelled repeatedly, a la spam, is just NOOB crap which doesn’t belong on our server. Period.

And it wouldn’t stop.

Then to make matters worse, this Li’l Napoleonic Ass Clown, starts ordering players to leave the server because, as he himself established, “high pings should leave!” Well, after he repeated this remark several times, in all caps of course, I pointed out that HIS ping was actually the highest of all in the room. Not surprisingly, his attitude changed and he no longer believed in his own dismissal policy.

Eventually he realized he was pissing me off. After we exchanged a few words, and he accused me of being “mean” and “hostile,” he fled the room like a brat on The Brady Bunch. (I think his discovery that I was an admin’ was the most likely reason he was frustrated at that point)

Well, shortly thereafter he reappeared, using a different name like the fuckin’ coward he must be, and he prodded everyone in the room for our opinion on the previous conversation. I took Screen Shots because I knew he’d deny it later, but only a retard’ would be so ridiculously simple & lame.

Anyway, for these reasons and more, I will continue to be vigilant of any erratic behavior from this jackass, but please forgive me if I leave the room if he starts his shit again.

I already paid for it through your link, but now I return and find it's changed to TeamSpeak...wtf?! Did you change your mind? Where did my donation go? Am I imagining things?! I saw the Ventrilo symbol when I paid. [ :o gasp]

“How will we ever soar with the eagles when we’re flapping around with these turkeys!”

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Re: Team Speak Donations

Post by E.Estrada » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 am

LOL no sweat on the Vent vs TS thing. Decided to go with TS after a horrid hour trying to figure out Vent. And yes I saw the donation and thank you and no it didn't disappear. You the man!
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

fodder

Post by fodder » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:05 am

new ip new ip new i p new ip

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Thank god we got a TS acount I feel your pain Nailz he rubs me raw also.

Nailz

Post by Nailz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Well, I keep getting "error" and can't get in. copied the IP & PW correctly, so I don't know wth... :roll:

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Nailz wrote:Well, I keep getting "error" and can't get in. copied the IP & PW correctly, so I don't know wth... :roll:
Do you have Teamspeak 2? That is the one you need. Also did you put in :8065 (the port) at the end? It should look like this 69.61.101.92:8065 Is the error something like TDSoundIn:Open? If so you need to change your input device. If it is the error "voice" and then you get red text in the bottom of the Teamspeak GUI let me know what it says. Also check THIS picture to see if this is the error you are getting. If it is the IP is wrong. Call me for help, you have my number!

Cheers,
EE

Nailz

Post by Nailz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Yeah, I verified the numbers were right, and I keep getting the same error:

[18:45:25] Connecting to 69.61.101.92:8065
[18:45:25] Bad Login (name and/or password wrong)

I have to go to work, but I'll be on soon.

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:39 pm

OK I know problem. On TS you can't just register. You have to join the server and once in I can authorize you to register. So for now just enter anonymously instead of registered, you can still put in your nickname. Use a nickname slightly different than you want your final one to be, it makes it easier for me later on in the process. And next time we are playing together we can get everything squared away. Also you can ask Fodder to help if you see him on, he knows how as well. Cheers!

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:34 pm

bump