Load custom ravenshield.ini

General discussion about Ravenshield.
cOTTONcANDY
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Load custom ravenshield.ini

Post by cOTTONcANDY » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello all. I'd like to use a different ravenshield.ini file for testing options. Is there a way to do this?
Can you supply command line parameters / arguments to ravenshield.exe to specify a different config file? I've googled but come up empty. Thanks for your thoughts!

SpecOps

Re: Load custom ravenshield.ini

Post by SpecOps » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:11 am

Make a duplicate copy of ravenshield and edit the copied version ravenshield.ini
cOTTONcANDY wrote:Hello all. I'd like to use a different ravenshield.ini file for testing options. Is there a way to do this?
Can you supply command line parameters / arguments to ravenshield.exe to specify a different config file? I've googled but come up empty. Thanks for your thoughts!

cOTTONcANDY

Post by cOTTONcANDY » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks for the reply SpecOps.

SInce there are so many map mods (from Teq's website) and some use conflicting versions of the same file, it would be a little less space-intensive and friendly if I didn't need ALL of Ravenshield's core files in two or three different places. But I guess that's the only possibility.

I've tried specifying multiple locations for map files in the Ravenshield.ini file, but the program didn't recognize my extra paths. Oh well! If anybody knows a solution, I'd be glad to hear about it.

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

cOTTONcANDY wrote:Hello all. I'd like to use a different ravenshield.ini file for testing options. Is there a way to do this?
if space is a problem id make 2 zip files one with original file and one with custom edited one right where its stored so when you finish editing you whack it back in the zip and then extract your master copy to play and copied ini to beta test

Zip 1
Master working ini to game with
zip 2
Custom buggy ini

Should cut cloning file size down and will pretty much work for all files as long as you can re-apply working version as well as back up any mods you make without having conflicts