OpenRVS multiplayer patch has been updated to v0.7

General discussion about Ravenshield.
twilight
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

OpenRVS multiplayer patch has been updated to v0.7

Post by twilight » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:08 pm

I have released an update to my OpenRVS multiplayer patch. Version 0.7 now has this additional fix:

- Many players reported game freezing when they attempted to join a server in the server list. I have rewritten the connection code to fix this issue. Servers in the list should now be joinable by a double-click or pressing the Join button. (Join IP button still works as normal, no changes.)

The update is not mandatory; all servers and clients still running an older version are fully compatible and will continue to work as they have. However, the update is recommended to avoid potential freezes or connection issues.

DOWNLOAD at rvsgaming.org

(If you already have the earlier version installed, it's easy to upgrade to 0.7. Just overwrite the files in your installation with the supplied files in the download. No need to edit any config files for servers or clients!)

MrJigglyPuff

Re: OpenRVS multiplayer patch has been updated to v0.7

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks TwI! ggggggggoooooooOOOOOOOOOO00000000 Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :!: :lol:
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:34 am

twilight wrote:I have released an update to my OpenRVS multiplayer patch. Version 0.7 now has this additional fix:

- Many players reported game freezing when they attempted to join a server in the server list. I have rewritten the connection code to fix this issue. Servers in the list should now be joinable by a double-click or pressing the Join button. (Join IP button still works as normal, no changes.)

The update is not mandatory; all servers and clients still running an older version are fully compatible and will continue to work as they have. However, the update is recommended to avoid potential freezes or connection issues.

DOWNLOAD at rvsgaming.org

(If you already have the earlier version installed, it's easy to upgrade to 0.7. Just overwrite the files in your installation with the supplied files in the download. No need to edit any config files for servers or clients!)
OpenRVS v0.7 is current on OS as of now. I was waiting until I had free time when no one was on the server. Thanks for the update Twi!
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:38 am

can see are the stats and the clock countsdown then nothing. Like I'm in limbo. Any thoughts?
- Lee_Horo @ 07:03 pm 2016.11.29

lol ok. 1.) How come I only have use of primary weapon on O.S. server. Any combo I use for pistol and frags it just doesn't work. Also I downloaded patch and was working on srgt server (adver) no prob then past 4 days or so I can join but it defaults me to spectate, I can't change and all I....
- Lee_Horo @ 07:03 pm 2016.11.29
Oct 10th release of OpenRVS. I had the same issue Lee had so I edited my R6ClassDefines file which fixed my issue. Disclaimer, may not work for everyone. you can directly download it here http://www.shadowsquadhq.com/files/R6ClassDefines.zip
- psycho @ 03:15 pm 2016.11.30