UBI DOWN !!!! RvS IPs HERE!!

General discussion about Ravenshield.
-=SMC=-Tony
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Re: UBI DOWN !!!! RvS IPs HERE!!

Post by -=SMC=-Tony » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm

I've been beta testing this with Twi. and so far the original OpenRVS failed and the revision also failed. Twi. stated, "back to the drawing board".
Yes, he replied and mentioned, also sent me the code. I'll be busy tomorrow morning but I'll put it up on our server in the afternoon and have a look. I am also having some progress with the server list. I'll report back tomorrow.

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:09 pm

Tony thats awesome that you and Twi have that in the works its perfect as raven shield is abandon-ware

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:49 pm

-=SMC=-Tony wrote:
I've been beta testing this with Twi. and so far the original OpenRVS failed and the revision also failed. Twi. stated, "back to the drawing board".
Yes, he replied and mentioned, also sent me the code. I'll be busy tomorrow morning but I'll put it up on our server in the afternoon and have a look. I am also having some progress with the server list. I'll report back tomorrow.
You might want to wait till revision 3 comes out Twi. and I have already found the first two OpenRVS don't work.

Gary
Comfortably retired and wanting for nothing.
http://www.ShadowSquadHQ.com

-=SMC=-Tony

Post by -=SMC=-Tony » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:15 am

What did you guys change on the server side that I can connect to OS and SS servers via direct IP address but not to ours? I get the following message: "Cannot use join IP to join a lan server". The same goes with Tequila's server.

I have changed the following line in server.ini

Code: Select all

InternetServer=false
Cheers
Tony

smclan.org

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 am

-=SMC=-Tony wrote:What did you guys change on the server side that I can connect to OS and SS servers via direct IP address but not to ours? I get the following message: "Cannot use join IP to join a lan server". The same goes with Tequila's server.

InternetServer=false
Cheers
Tony

smclan.org
We are Beta testing OpenRVS which includes two files OpenRVS.u & R6GameService.u and requires an edit to a few lines in the R6ClassDefines.ini file. We've tested two releases of the Crack and both failed. The Author who would like to remain anonymous is working on the 3 revision. No other files were altered.

Gary

twilight

Post by twilight » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Psycho wrote:
-=SMC=-Tony wrote:What did you guys change on the server side that I can connect to OS and SS servers via direct IP address but not to ours? I get the following message: "Cannot use join IP to join a lan server". The same goes with Tequila's server.

InternetServer=false
Cheers
Tony

smclan.org
We are Beta testing OpenRVS which includes two files OpenRVS.u & R6GameService.u and requires an edit to a few lines in the R6ClassDefines.ini file. We've tested two releases of the Crack and both failed. The Author who would like to remain anonymous is working on the 3 revision. No other files were altered.

Gary
It's not OpenRVS that causes this. If you have any idea why I can connect to SS/OS servers, but not to SMC's servers, that would be great. I'm getting "Cannot use join IP to join a lan server", and am really close on a solution to the cd key issue.

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Twi.,

So as not to confuse and or compound the problem, I won't quote a quote from a quote. Tony asked what we were using, I answered him. I also told him as of now it is not working to save him some time and to allow the author (I respect the author's wish to remain anonymous for fear of legalities) of OpenRVS to release the 3rd installment.

I on the other hand do not know why Tony edited his system.ini file because I surely did not and that might be where the trouble lay.

There may be too many cooks in the kitchen so I will volunteer to take a step back and let you guys figure it out so we do not confuse this any further.

Gary
ShadowSquadHQ

-=SMC=-Tony

Post by -=SMC=-Tony » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:05 am

Thanks Twilight and Gary. We are working on it. I let you guys know if we have something useful to share.

twilight

Post by twilight » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm 100% sure that the issue is that newly created servers cannot connect with the UBI master server. Servers that were created days ago or older, when UBI was still up, are still running fine but won't be when you restart them. I've found code that makes the server go into an endless loop of "retrying" if it can't register with UBI.com master server. Unfortunately I can't touch that code because it's all hidden inside a DLL file. Very frustrating to me since I have completely solved bypassing the UBI ID login and the CD key, but all that work is for nothing if the servers can't even run properly anymore.

twilight

Post by twilight » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:31 pm

OK so SS and OS servers seem to be working even when restarted. So I'm not sure why they are going but other people can't connect to theirs.

But in other news, I was able to join and play on SS Adver server without a CD key or an UBI id. :o :D