Why RavenShield is THE BEST GAME.

General discussion about Ravenshield.
F25_Xanatos
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Why I will not be buying Siege, and staying with Ravenshield.

Post by F25_Xanatos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks for your suggestion for the game. A map editor is not currently planned for the game.

Thanks.
Straight from the Alpha Forums on RVS:Siege

UTFC

Why RavenShield is THE BEST GAME.

Post by UTFC » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum.... and I really appreciate the integrity and commitment of the team of players that run the servers and the dedicated small community of supporters that make logging in as often as I can such a welcome part of my day ( more often than not late night session ).

Thank you. I hope I am being respectful of the rules of conduct during game play and as Mrs. Oni pointed out .." respect is earned not given".

I think that that respect is slowly earned - first by being diligent to abide by the rules weather an admin is present or not.
For me I generally tolerate someone, who I don't see often on the servers, that doesn't run and gun when last....and of course when the obviously senior skill level players and admins choose to, on occasion, clear out the level after the 40th run with a FAMIII mad assault.... well hey that's just a rare privilege to enjoy watching them use their skill to the full and glean some mayhem tactics from them.... who am I too call them out!
( see that's how respect works.... after a while it becomes mutual and understood without a lot of chit chat )......... but on my part I haven't earned those badges yet and that's why I will always stand, draw pistol and run to the tangos as soon as i am aware that I'm last... even being proactive to check the player screen so I don't get caught like a noob and hear the dreaded " ZULU GO!" "GO GO GO!"

Of course politeness and courtesy go along way too.... yea it disappointing to get lined up single file in the only corridor that enters into the larger areas of the map.... but even if it means I wind up with a N4 at the end - it's better than being a total jerk and running in front of other players gun-sights so i can get ahead... ruining their shot, getting them, others or myself killed and generally ruining the entire game play because of selfishness and impatience.

The last and and most difficult area to gain respect in Raven shield is increasing my personal skill level to make for a more effective team member....speed of kills, pistol action, run and gun abilities and of course skill in coordinating a combined attack strategy with other skilled players without the need for extensive communication.

I am 45, live in the States and I've been a PC gamer since 1989 - wolfenstien 3d, DOOM, quake, Descent - but R63 Raven Shield has always been my favorite ( used to enjoy Soldier of fortune 2 quite a bit ) but I have lived a bit of a rough life and so some how its only been until recently that I've been able to have a stable pc setup with solid internet to play raven shield multiplayer online.... so in that respect I'm a bit of a noob.... so bear with me I promise i will respect the game and respect Ya'll ...

Thank you for welcoming me into the raven shield online community.... you guys ( and Gals ) are AWESOME!

P. S. If its ok id like to post this little review which describes beautifully why R63 is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uewDhNrIgk

MrJigglyPuff

Re: Why RavenShield is THE BEST GAME.

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 am

Hi UTFC,

Good to have you! It's always nice to see others appreciate a good thing like RvS.
We try to run a fun server and keep out the riff-raff.
And dont forget, we also run a Teamspeak 3 server, so if you have a headset come chat with us.
Hope to see you on the server soon!
Later,

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

UTFC

Post by UTFC » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks... appreciate it.

Gota say some of the OS team are pretty cool when it comes to allowing for a little personal training when the servers are slow.

One OS team member in particular ( who shall remain anonymous ) has been a real bro in helping me out in some weak areas in my game play... and I cant tell you how appreciated that is.... When you know you've been lame in your run and gun skills... it's pretty dang cool too have a morning like today and wipe out the rest of the map with a n25 run n gun after my team mate died..... thanks to some prior practice after receiving some much needed advice about my run and gun tactics.

CHEERS ! to the OBSOLETE SUPERSTARS !

P.S. I was also curious as to how to log on to or join the teamspeak server?

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

When you load Teamspeak 3 you'll need to setup OS as a bookmark.
Our server info is: estrada.is-a-geek.com
The Password is: star

Glad to hear your game is improving!
There are a few challenging maps that will put your RvS skills to the test :lol:

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)