Slow Download Reports

General discussion about Ravenshield.
E.Estrada
Site Admin
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Slow Download Reports

Post by E.Estrada » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 am

If you notice a particular file is downloading very slowly please report it here. We need the full file name with extension, e.g. super_fancy_texture.utx or maybe some_awesome_map.rsm
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

sawz

Re: Slow Download Reports

Post by sawz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 am

NH_Pitfall

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Sorry Sawz :( I'm trying to make quality maps for us :)
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

sawz

Post by sawz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:48 pm

thanks for your efforts, however i am unable to download any of your maps. kinda sucks cause i like new maps.

o well :(

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:16 pm

The map files are smaller, but the download rate is still slow. I'm on a cable connection where my speeds vary from 8 to 15 Mbps.
I sat and waited for Tunnelpileup to download. Very worth the wait, but I fear others are not as willing.

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 am

Sorry to hear that guys, I don't know what can be done about that? I compressed them, that's all I know to do. I don't understand why they download slow even uncompressed they are less than 2 megs, Oni said she needed Fodders help to get the compressed versions live. Maybe the old versions are still up? @Jiggly, was it the version of TunnelPileup with the fog? If so that is the new compressed version P.S. I played Tunnel Rats the other day on Tequila's server, downloaded fine
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 am

@ Sawz, until this is solved you can download all my maps here http://www.moddb.com/games/tom-clancys- ... eld/addons

take the game files and place them in your "maps" folder, then you will never need to download it again from the server :) However, you may get a version mismatch if one of the old versions of the map are loaded via server

sawz

Post by sawz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:56 am

so if i get a mismatched version am i able to just delete it from the Maps folder and get an updated version somewhere?

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

yes, the only way this will happen is if the map list contains an older version, the maps at the link i provided are all the updated versions, the same versions i sent oni last wednesday. If this does happen you are correct, just move the map and ini to any other folder besides "maps"
Plus this way you can try them on singleplayer also :D

sawz

Post by sawz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:19 pm

so about Burning Library. there's no way i can sit through that download. any clues where i can download it?