...:: OS Basics ::...

General discussion about Ravenshield.
fodder

...:: OS Basics ::...

Post by fodder » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:57 pm

please cast your vote disregard the comments as their for amusement purposes only

Shadow_TimBitz
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Re: time limet between rounds

Post by Shadow_TimBitz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Where did option number 6 go to ? You know, the one that says something like "Fodder is a tool and I don't want to participate in this poll"

LMAO JK man.

You're doing a great job, keep up the good work!

kiss*of*death

Post by kiss*of*death » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 pm

I vote for 20 secs, but I have no idea how to list it on the nice chart
OK, so I refreshed, the vote option popped up.... Really, the roots you see are not entierly blonds :?

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 pm

25.... you lose 5s right off the bat. so 20s is really what you end up with which IMHO is ideal.
Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

The_Baroness

Post by The_Baroness » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:28 pm

My vote is cast.........
The Baroness has spoken.

priest

Post by priest » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:50 am

was going for last option ,but i thought id tie bust

P0V3RTY

A Request

Post by P0V3RTY » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:53 am

I would like to make a request. I was wondering if it would be possible to extend the time between rounds from 6 seconds to 15 - 20 seconds? As it is now, makes it virtually impossible to choose weapons and tactical gear should one want to change these items. Usually, this isn't an issue because admins that are frequently on will pause the server to allow players to change weapons and gear. However, when no admin is available, it makes it difficult to enjoy playing...especially if the player likes to mix it up by changing weapons and gear to best suit the mission...ie. sniper rifle for long open ranged maps... and so on.
Thank you for hosting the server and for your attention in this matter.

fodder

Re: A Request

Post by fodder » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 pm

poverty buddy

it should be 10 seconds but maybe with the delay its showing 6 not sure their but.....
the reasoning behind the 10 seconds is you can change your weapons between rounds when your dead with the tilde key or tab key i forget which. and when an admin is around they can pause or restart for that first round gear reset as needed.

with a longer delay between rounds your penalizing everyone waiting for the ready up because of those few whom always seem to never do it.
and since its normally the first round on a new map that is the important one to switch weapons it doesn't add up to make the overall wait time longer since you spend more time trying to complete the map over and over than switching maps unless of course your on a fast map-list either way,
that's our current policy and the reasons behind them.

P0V3RTY

Re: A Request

Post by P0V3RTY » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

I appreciate that you replied so quickly. The main reason I made the request was because when I am playing in the server by myself, it is difficult to get the gear I want without having to suicide the first and or second rounds to get the gear I want or need for each map ( and you guys have a wide variety of them ;) .

MrsOni

...:: OS basics ::...

Post by MrsOni » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Moin Moin sweeties, [Updated 14th October 2015]

here is a summary for how we run OS which has been set up & voted for in the past.

1 Zulu (E.Estrada's quote)
2 Spectators & Pausing (Fodder's quote point 2 to 4)
3 Between round time
4 OS becoming a clan

Zulu:
E.Estrada wrote:The official rule for zulu on Obsolete Superstars is:

If you are last man standing you MUST run and gun. You can use any weapon (flashes & nades are acceptable zulu. Last man isn't a suicide rambo to your death.) you want, BUT you must RUN! No peeking, no ducking, no walking...period. If you are in violation of this rule the round will be restarted without notice.

The Management
Spectators & Pausing:
fodder wrote:some other "official OS rules"

spectators will be removed when the server is full. a short afk is understandable,
racial jokes, belligerent comments, and grief players will not be tolerated!

unofficial rules

pausing the timer for everyone to join after a map rotation.
restarting the round in the first 10 seconds of play if their is a spawn death, someone joined the game, or a TK.
changing the restrictions kits to.......remove frags on a frag whore map, ......pistols only , or whatever your current interests leads you to. just be sure to turn the restrictions back to default OS settings before you leave.
removing NON regular players to make room for a regular player.
Between Round Time
fodder wrote:poverty buddy

it should be 10 seconds but maybe with the delay its showing 6 not sure their but.....
the reasoning behind the 10 seconds is you can change your weapons between rounds when your dead with the tilde key or tab key i forget which. and when an admin is around they can pause or restart for that first round gear reset as needed.

with a longer delay between rounds your penalizing everyone waiting for the ready up because of those few whom always seem to never do it.
and since its normally the first round on a new map that is the important one to switch weapons it doesn't add up to make the overall wait time longer since you spend more time trying to complete the map over and over than switching maps unless of course your on a fast map-list either way,
that's our current policy and the reasons behind them.
OS becoming a clan
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224
Freedom is endless ... "Traveller - Sarazar (feat. Circle of Alchemists)"