Up dating my profile

Accolades, Complaints, Requests...You name it.
-=MC=-Mike
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Up dating my profile

Post by -=MC=-Mike » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 am

Tried to update the web page in my profile...however when I click my profile link I go to this page??? (Tried a couple times)

SPAM WARNING!
http://rookie.zbiddy.com/?pid=C6&cid=C38&sid=CCD5825-C

-=MC=-Mike (now -=SMC=-Mike at smclan.org)

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Re: Up dating my profile

Post by E.Estrada » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 am

Hi Mike, I was able to successfully update my profile. You might have a virus of some sort on your PC. I recommend using malwarebytes (the free one) to check for infections and Microsoft Security Essentials to keep yourself protected. Keep in mind that even using anti-virus isn't 100% foolproof. There is no protection against numerous exploits out there and if you have java installed in your browser or flash, they are constantly able to be compromised.
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

pops

Post by pops » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

damn eric your geeky side sounds so sexy!!!!
you hunk o man meat you
pops

P0V3RTY

Post by P0V3RTY » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 am

You might also consider using a security software that includes a behavior blocker ( better known as a HiPs engine ). I use COMODO Internet Securities ( it's free )
In fact the latest version they released is a much more user friendly then past versions. COMODO's behavior blocking has been proven to block exploits and flyby infections. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you the links.

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 am

Well if you liked that pops...

I am doing my thesis on sociopolitical prediction based on opinion mining. Essentially I have written a web scraper to data mine websites with forums where the predominant users are Chinese, Arabic and Indian. After I collect the data I translate it to English using an API provided by Microsoft. After translation I use an unsupervised learning algorithm, latent Dirichlet allocation, to break all of the forum posts into topics. Then I run each post through some processing to determine if the overall sentiment is positive or negative using a dictionary of words to compare against each word in the post. I combine the sentiment scores for all of the forum posts in each topic to determine the aggregate sentiment for the topic. Finally I track the sentiment score over time and if there is a paradigm shift in the overall feeling about a topic it can theoretically predict events before they happen.

For example, imagine I was tracking Egyptian forums in 2008-2010. One of the topics might have been characterized by the terms "Mubarak unemployment inflation" and the baseline sentiment score was neutral. Then in late 2010 you might be able to see a shift in opinion about these terms with a dramatic downturn in sentiment. This would indicate that the people on the forums had a marked shift in how they felt about Mubarak and his policies, which could indicate an uprising being imminent.

Now go take a cold shower.
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

kiss*of*death

Post by kiss*of*death » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

(droool) wow Eric... glad to know there are nerds like you out there protecting me and my cyberspace from terrorisim of some sorts... Meant NOTHING to me...but good for you...
I've been away for FAR too long and when I carved out a few minutes to play, server would not connect.. Was this just a bad timing kind of thing, or did something about UBI or our server change that I haven't been updated on? Anyone? Bueller?
-Respectfully submitted by a self proclaimed computer no-nothing.

MrsOni

Post by MrsOni » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 am

Moin Moin Kiss!
kiss*of*death wrote:server would not connect.. Was this just a bad timing kind of thing, or did something about UBI or our server change that I haven't been updated on? Anyone? Bueller?
If you wanted to connect by IP, it changed to "198.144.181.254:7777".
Else it seems it was a bad timing while the server or UBI did whatever they did, because we still fight our lovely battles in game ...^.^...
Go get it going, Kissy, we miss ya!

Greetz
Oni
Freedom is endless ... "Traveller - Sarazar (feat. Circle of Alchemists)"