OS fundraiser *huge thanks to everyone* our server is saved

Accolades, Complaints, Requests...You name it.
E.Estrada
Site Admin
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Re: OS* Fundraiser 2011

Post by E.Estrada » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 pm

@CTI
I got your donation and added you to the list. Thanks for the donation!!!

@Poopy Head
I received a couple of donations but am not sure who they came from, but just sent out emails replying to say thanks. I will get you added to the list immediately.

Thanks for all of the donations everybody! :D :D :D
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:40 am

Thank you friends! In such tough times you reached in your pocket and helped OS out.

It warms my heart to know you guys care enough to donate your hard earned cash to support our RvS community.
BlitZ
kiss*of*death
Pops
Poopy Head
CTI
Jamaica_Rum (in honor of KrabbyKiller and Krabby14)

I just love you guys!
Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

pops

Post by pops » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

awwww jiggs you mushy mofo
i love you too
:D :lol:

krabby_15

Post by krabby_15 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Thank you Rum for donating in honor of me and 14. We appriciate your kindness!!
Wish I could have donated some myself but im just a poor teenager. :( lol
love you guys!!
KrabbyKiller

MrsOni

...Anual Fund-raising campaign...

Post by MrsOni » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 am

What about our anual fund-raising campaign?
Which costs have to be covered for 2012?

Greetz'n'hugs
Oni
Freedom is endless ... "Traveller - Sarazar (feat. Circle of Alchemists)"

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Re: ...Anual Fund-raiser...

Post by E.Estrada » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Hey Oni,

Thanks for the reminder! I actually just got in the first bill yesterday. I guess we had some credit left over from last year on the hosting which is always good. I will post other bills as they come in. I did not renew the teamspeak server last month since we have a free one running on a box at my house. The only other cost I guess would be the server, which the vanilla server is running on the same box. Where are most people playing these days? On the vanilla box or on the defcon server? Is everyone having an ok gaming experience on the vanilla box? I really don't want to use defcon again as they have ignored my open tickets.
Invoice #653627
Amount Due: $45.97USD
Due Date: 05/03/2012

Invoice Items

Yearly Std. - obsoletesuperstars.com (05/03/2012 - 05/02/2013) $47.88USD
Domain Renewal - obsoletesuperstars.com - 1 Year/s (06/28/2012 - 06/27/2013) $12.99USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $60.87USD
Credit: $14.90USD
Total: $45.97USD
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

MrsOni

Post by MrsOni » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am

Hey there Eric,

you are more than welcome :) .

Unfortunately I haven't been able to connect to the Vanilla server since whatever I have tried, I get the 'server didn't respond' error message. Anyone having ideas please?

Furthermure last time I checked I couldn't find the Vanilla server on the RvS list at all.

Greetz'n'hugs
Oni

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:18 am

Well, after looking in the forums, it seems that our buddies at SS have been able to connect to the N4 successfully! This means that the info is being sent out by the game server. When the problem started with connecting, I opened support tickets with byethost.net, and with defcon (had other issues with defcon too, but that is beside the point). Th webhost said the ports where data was being sent were indeed open so I assumed it was defcon that was causing the N4 problem. Well, since SS can get the data it means one thing... the webhost is the problem. I contacted them again on friday and they said that the ports actually had not been open, and they had no intention of opening them unless we upgraded to a much more expensive hosting plan. Fuck. That.

I am in the process of moving some of my other sites to a new host i opened an account with today. They are pricey, and I have to do all of the sys admin work, from installing the webserver to hardening against attacks, but they are fast, and I have full root access. I am planning on moving the webserver there but need to figure out a fair rate for the cost after I see how much of the traffic OS is using on it.

FYI, the host is 6sync.com Yep that's right, OS* is moving to a virtual server :) I have the nano plan now but am going to have to move to the mini to accomodate the traffic I am guessing. I am planning on keeping defcon, since, well, the N4 wasn't their screw up after all.

Cheers!
EE

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 am

Howdy all!

The server fees are due on June 1st for the game server and the redirect. The cost is around $250 (trying to get a discount from defcon since it seems they had a price drop on some servers). I have been watching the traffic on the webserver and it doesn't seem that OS* is eating too much bandwidth at this point, so I will eat the cost on that unless OS* site starts to dominate the web traffic being used.

I just want to get a feel on where everyone is at concerning the annual drive and if we will have enough funds to cover the game server for this year. Shout if you want to chip in and donate, here or in the shout box.

EE

MrsOni

Post by MrsOni » Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Moin Moin sweeties!

Please note the PM I sent you, Eric. Thanks.

Greetz'n'hugs
Oni