Fodder & Map Testing

Accolades, Complaints, Requests...You name it.
pops

Fodder & Map Testing

Post by pops » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:42 am

to all admin and all guests,
apparently someone is a bit disgruntled, as we all are at times when we are in the heat of the battle and Fodder reset the server, and someone asked him why he reset the server..."what do you think you own the server?"
well i felt it necessary to put up a post and throw some respect and grattitude to Fodder. most people don't realize the complications and most importantly the time involved in making maps. Fodder is giving so much to our server, and this in fact is the reason the person who asked "that question", probably comes here!!!! When you make maps you loose all track of time and realize at some point "what the fu@k? its that late?" As you build a map it is very complicated indeed, and as you go "you need to know" so you have to test. so for the little inconveniancee on a rare occasion, if Mr. Fodder has to reset the server and interrupt our play, just remember, "HE" has already invested many hours of time, so that "YOU" can enjoy the fruits of "HIS" labor for "YOUR" enjoyment with all your friends. and i might add, alll the while he is making maps for us, he is sacrificing his gameplay time. (was sad :cry: to hear someone said it FODDER)
ive said this to fodder b4 and i will say it again, money donated to the server is nothing or never enough compared to all the work and dedication you put into making maps for us!!! i love you man and you make os a great place to play!!!!!!!!
Pops

TwingO
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Re: Fodder & Map Testing

Post by TwingO » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 am

sign

old school

Post by old school » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:03 pm

most people that ask about the maps when i am gaming are told that fodder makes most of our maps. the thing you need to keep in mind is that if someone says something like you are posting about , probably dont take part in our forum so they will never see your story. it is sad that people complain about restarting of server, as it is necesarry at times. the only thing i dont like about the server restarts is after he takes the map away after letting us get a taste of things to come :lol: i absolutly love the new maps, just wish i could take the time to make a map as it is very consuming and i think it affects fodders life at home. i know how a small thing can consume hours in woodworking so i can imagine what it is like to make a map. the other side of the coin is the immense pride you feel when you are done and people get to see the fruits of your labor. keep it up fodder, we love and respect ya ;) be cool 8-)

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:23 pm

I can say without a doubt, I probably give Fodder the most $hit about his maps. Sometimes just to razz and other times to point out my opinions.
But I will tell you this, there is no man I respect more than Fodder.
Map making is a long challenging process that takes up personal time, great amounts of detail and most importantly trial and error.

Folks that trial and error is done with our help. With Fodders maps there have been some misses (and yes I have said it directly to him) but there's been more hits than I care to count. And the hits just keep on coming! So yes there will be error, but in the end the result is another map for the RvS community.

As I dont know exactly what was said, nor do I know who or why it was said, I can tell you know... as one of the 0S admins, at any time, I welcome any testing by Fodder as he sees fit.
If anyone is in disagreement, I welcome feedback to discuss, openly or in a PM.

We're here to game with exciting and challenging maps. Fodder is a man that makes that possible. We feast upon the fruits of his labors.

0S*MrJigglyPuff

fodder

Post by fodder » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:21 pm

pops wrote
apparently someone is a bit disgruntled, as we all are at times when we are in the heat of the battle and Fodder reset the server, and someone asked him why he reset the server..."what do you think you own the server?"
man, so sorry bout this misunderstanding but im 100% certain when that was said they were joking with me, and it wasn't meant offensively.

i did want to say thanks so much for the privileges im granted here and will continue to keep doing what i enjoy for as long as its enjoyable and is available for me to do it.

thanks for letting me be a shit bird and inconvenience ya all i promise to continue to do it when needed. its for a good cause and i think most everyone who is here understands the reasons why i abuse the administration privileges to their maximum and want to say ............ thanks all for putting up with me, it truly means alot.
your all the greatest and thanks again for all the kind words

sincerly

TwingO

Post by TwingO » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:53 am

Hello Fodder,

first, kudos for your great performance. you build maps like no other. Moreover, we know now a few days. when and why you are rebooting the server is your decision. "we" know that this is for test purposes only ... nothing else counts;-)

greetings TwingO

Poopy Head

Post by Poopy Head » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 pm

I can understand someone getting a bit perved if they are in the heat of the game and the server gets restarted. But you must take some bad for the greater good. I can't applaud Fodder enough for his continued long hours of map building for an 8 year old game. 99% of games this old get abandoned. The only other game that this old that this kind of love is the Halo Custom Edition. I for one LOVE Fodders maps, they are difficult, intense and god damn great!

FODDER!! YOU THE MAN!!

P0V3RTY

Post by P0V3RTY » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am

As most of you know, I help run a LAN open and free gaming community. Originaly for SWAT3 which is no longer supported or has any online servers to play it in multiplayer, so we have found LAN is the only way to go. Ever since, we have continued modding and map making for it. The reason I mentioned this, is to help give a little perspective. SWAT3 is much like RvS with a few exceptions. Infact, our primary map maker made his version of Island Estates for SWAT3. All I did to help in the process is to place the suspects in their aproximate locations to mimic what we see in the standard RvS version. I think I came close, but with trial and error, I think what we got in our final release was really close. SWAT3 play a little differently and the suspects act a little diffferently so nothing is exact. I can tell you that making a map takes several hours of dedicated work.
I have often invited my friends to play RvS on your server. One time, I was asked why always there? I only said, " Because they have Fodder's maps." It didn't take long for my friend to comprehend what I meant. Because the first maps we played ( which off hand I can't remember what they were ) had Fod's name at the spawn.
Many of us here have played this game ever since it was released. It is my opinion that Fodder is one of the best map builders of RvS. His sense of style and his understanding of Co Op give his maps a life of their own. A feat that many haven't been able to achieve.
I don't know how to make maps for RvS, but if I did, I would want to be able to be good as Fodder.