OS and becomeing a "clan"

Accolades, Complaints, Requests...You name it.
fodder

OS and becomeing a "clan"

Post by fodder » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:39 am

I have been approached several times from regulars who were interested in joining OS only to have replied to them that were not an actual clan.

i have had other admins mention other regulars asking them similar questions.

my question to our current active admins is.

would you like to see OS become an actual RVS clan.

if so what are your thoughts about it.

if you are interested in it i would like to make a few points on my thoughts.

1. their is a difference between who is already an admin and new people would be a clan member and i don't plan to invite any new admins at this time.
2. their are some admins who have other affiliates including me that don't plan to change their tags even if we become an actual clan.
3. clan members will get room made for them in server over non clan members if their is an active admin around. this will obviously require the admin and clan member to be in ts to know about it.
4. i feel anyone interested in becoming a clan member needs to register in the forums, and use team speak.
i know their are some admins who don't use team speak and i feel that is their right. and nothing wrong with it it is their choice. but i also feel that as a clan team speak brings people together in a much richer and divers way to enjoy the online game experience. some times jokes can be missed if not in ts to hear the laughter or know whats going on "behind the scene"

i feel that this idea was worth posting about and making it happen if our current active admins were interested in it. i feel that it would bring more regulars into the server more often, and our current circle of friends would be more stabilized with groups of people who enjoy playing with each other. their are a lot of reasons people seek a clan and friends in a clan and this would be a step in encouraging regulars to hang out with us more often

pops

Re: OS and becomeing a "clan"

Post by pops » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:18 am

my personal preferance is keep the server the way it is. i think there are peole who are more interested in being an admin then a clan member. and as you know you can only have so many admin. as far as team speak i have explained my views on this issue but i would loke to add that sometimes ts isnt what it is cracked up to be cause you get people who blab and fart and belch and do disgusting things. as well i think anyone who comes here now knows we dont have any trouble filling the server with friends and good people. the biggest complaint is that people cant get in!! lol well dont know about a prefix, its over rated to me. anyway happy easter and game on people!!

Jedi
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Post by Jedi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:59 am

I agree with Pops, and not cuz he is sexy. I have always had the expreince that OS was just a bunch of regulars to play with. And I however dont see what would be stopping some one from displaying a OS prefix on there name.

badtwobone

Post by badtwobone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:33 pm

hey guys.i would like two cya become a clan.so i could join but its no big deal if you don,t. have a real enjoyable time playing in your server anyway you take this .been a on of my favorite servers to play in.so hopefully you count me in what ever you guys do. thanks badtwobone

kingzog
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 1

Post by kingzog » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 pm

OK, I'm not an admin (and have very little interest in ever becoming one) and I'm a complete n00b to both RVS and this forum, so perhaps this is a stupid observation, but....

Right now, if the server is full and there's an admin on TS, a space can usually be made for me or anyone else who goes to the 'trouble' of joining the TS server. As has been pointed out to me by several people, players on TS have a certain priority.

So what's the difference between a clan and a group of people who enjoy playing a game together? Seems to me the only real difference is what you call it.

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 pm

well with only 8 slots, it's goina be tough. We have our Admins, we have our regulars, we have our TS people, and there are others we just dont know.
Yeah i'm one of those guys who will babble like a rocky brook, but that is why we have the "TACTICAL" Channel. Just Straight Up Gaming ONLY!
I'm not sure if people know the reason behind the Tactical Ch. but that's why it's there. It's the Joe Friday of TS... Just the Facts, nothing else.
I think most of us are here because of the fun we have, not just in-game but also on TS. While I do respect pops decision, not wanting to get on TS to hear us yucking it up, he does have folks in ear shot and likes to play without distractions. Which I'm sure there are others as well who just want to play and not hear the laughs, no problem.
But I try to give folks in TS preference. The only thing is if it's a regular player that is known to the Admins, i'll elect to keep them on.

As far as an actual clan? naaa i dont know of any clans that play Terro hunt only. IF someone wishes to become an Admin, well that's up to Fodder. but like Fodder has said, there are those who will not change there tag, if they even have a tag. But to me a tag in OS just means hey look at me, i might be an admin, or a shmuck, or some random guy just looking to kill tangos. I dont even run my tag all the time. but i will to let new folks there is an Admin about.
But an OS clan? i dont see it. I'm not goina go and join a ladder, not goina go and play against other clans in a 2v2-4v4-8v8 just to see who can say we're the best, i'm just goina shoot tangos , have fun and give fodder $hit! :lol:

Jig

Shadow_TimBitz

Post by Shadow_TimBitz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Shadow Squad used to be a clan, I guess we still call ourselves one but the word has taken on a different meaning over the years, and I'm not even really sure how to describe it lol. I guess for us now the word clan just means a group of us that get together regularly to play together. It used to be the way that Jig described it, the whole 2v2 4v4 8v8 thing and the ladders and what not, but not any more.

There's also the issue that Fodder brought up about commitments to other groups. He's a Moderator on my site, and has admin privileges on our servers any time that he needs them, but I would never expect him to change his RLC tag to our traditional |§¤§| just because he's an active member in our group as well.

I think things seem to be pretty comfortable the way they are right now, and I think that you guys administer all of your various platforms efficiently the way they are right now (ie - website, game server, forums, ts) If it was up to me I would say "why f#%@ with a good thing?"

As for the server always being too busy to be able to join it, that's the exact same problem that we were having. I thought I would be smart and contact Defcon to get a second server on the cheap, and they worked out a hell of a good deal with us for the second server, but guess what? Now that both servers are operating at 100% they're usually 100% full whenever we want to play anyhow lol. I don't intend to toot our own horns or anything but I think people have come to find that OS and SS have the best servers for RvS hands down. I think all people involved in all 3 of those servers, and their operation, should be proud and deserve a pat on the back.

Not really my place to tell you guys what to do, but there's my 2¢ worth. In conclusion...don't fix it if it ain't broke.

fodder

Post by fodder » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 pm

thanks to everyone who took the time to give their input
looks to me like it was overwhelmingly conclusive everyone really likes it the way its currently set up.
sounds good to me, even though i do feel bad for people interested in being a part of OS, i can only offer that the tag does not make it any different in enjoying our time together killing tangos.

priest

Post by priest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm

god dam fodder is this all because i told ief was ther because my clan there????????????u bootttinnnnelllieeeeee ....we as os adimin ar adults some spell real good others dont,,,,,,,what i was tying to say that i was there to play w/ my clan "clan"to me is peeps i play w/ yes unfortanty thats pops 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: fodder my friend i love ur efforts ur nice and u reach around :lol: but ass i read replies os tags we could charge people 2 where them......heheheh

the POINT AS OF NOW so by my head
reaglys should be welcomed ostag????but never mandy atorly fuck ask win his in my clan ....i like play advers 2 and like most peeps its beettter play when u know how ur team plays :o this isnt a clan its a coop server
ts seems good new peeps an old better game play 4 me wheres z woot
so i guess i need that lagge x fixe to know whos where :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fodder make a map w/ priates of thebeach ty board our cargo ship :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lov u lllloooonnnngggg timeeeeeee sweetie u know who u arew

old school

Post by old school » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 pm

while i would like to be an admin i will always come to play here because i like the people and maps. as far as a clan, i dont know. i think if you are a regular here the other players know you even if you go to other servers. so clan or not i will take what i can get, inovative maps and good people. old