feedback about the new maps on the shoutbox

Is there a map you want that we don't have?
fodder

feedback about the new maps on the shoutbox

Post by fodder » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:51 am

just started downloading them and.

noticed attack level 5 are all uz files (compressed lol even the ini file)

jungle camp
frigate
darkparade

are all rar files that my 7zip doesn't not open

anyone have winrar or winzip they can send me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attack level 8
i missed out on helping this person to understand what "snap to grid" means
your prone to bsp rips and other errors building this way, if you zoom in you'll notice your builder brush lines don't line up next to each other.
this is important when you start using the intersect and deintersect commands to eliminate bsp rips.

also the ladder volumes might be prone to glitching with the volume extending down past the platform they land on.

110% with tango placement "NICE"
looks like its going to be fun to play

flight 209 great concept, somewhere theirs a Boeing 747 map floating around you would love to check out
will have to spend time in the editor to help figure out the bsp rip issue going on, my guess is its a zone portal issue causing it,
otherwise people are gonna love it

mallcrashers
i want to play this NOW looks stellar

night raid
looks great
but its another map with all the builder brushes floating around
and theirs already a bsp rup in the garage basement that might of been an easy fix until i saw all the builder brushes misaligned
shame looks like alota hard work went into this one too.
looks forward to it on the server, crosses fingers minimal gliches

with my back out i might get a chance this next month to have some down time and get into the editor with you guys if you wanted some assistance , cant say i want to take on my own project with such short amount of time, but willing to lend a hand if ya got some questions or want to hang out map making ill try to make it a point to be around and available for it.

i do miss it and all the badasses still around
shout out to xantos / twilight , man i miss working with you guys, definitely some great ideas came out of those sessions.

SpecOps
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Re: feedback about the new maps on the shoutbox

Post by SpecOps » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:34 pm

attack level 8
i missed out on helping this person to understand what "snap to grid" means
deleted night raid attack level 8 saves future missunderstandings on this

old map check mallcrasher fodder i rebuilt the whole thing from scratch to snap to grid and even caved in when editor crashed or refused to snap to any multiples of 8 16 and 32 etc old software isnt friendly at all

and still to this point I cant build anything without using a tutorial doors anything ive built maps that ive added terrain and lost everything cause it wont load is from tutorials I barely understand

any maps I make are completey amature and are in no way proffesional representation of any sort this is a demanding proccess which illl leave well out of from now......Demands way to much support and wasted hours achieving very little.. flightrescue 209 was my last idea honestly and that was far from smooth build

fodder

Post by fodder » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:55 pm

each new map is a creation you take your previous experience from to make the next one that much more polished.

i did not mean to discourage anyone, only to be supportive in the same trials an tribulations ive been through or at this point remember,
looking at the editor feeling a bit out of touch myself, but wanted to mess around in it again.

i certainly enjoyed the concept of your creations , just have to work around the game engines limitations, ive certainly seen other people maps work just fine not using snap to grid, i just know its prone to issues.

again, if ya want to work on something together, i would be up for it

SpecOps
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Post by SpecOps » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:18 am

fodder wrote:spec ops
my friend, im just getting to know you.

i think the real questions you should be focusing on is.

did you enjoy what you were doing in the editor.
do you still have ideas you want to try

im not comparing my frustration to yours, only i can relate to it.
i think i spent the first year with over a dozen maps that all failed from different glitches and issues until i finally landed a map on rvsgaming.com

if people saw that as my first release map they thought i had more abilities than i really did through trial and error.
listen to xantos, that guy speaks the same thoughts i have . from learning hands on, to wishing we knew then what we know now, to how crappy other editors are and staying with this one until they improve upon it or make something that isint just as difficult and time consuming to learn, hoping they will just upgrade it and re release a new version of raven shield , can you imagine it with some of the newest game engines abilities where everything is destructible, oh ya the carnage.

i would say try to move forward with whatever stumbling block this time brings, and i mean that their will be more.
as more ideas spawn so do the complications figuring it out, man i miss rvsgaming and everyone their who was so helpful.

maybe im to late, or ya just need a break, i know i took several over the years :)
just don't leave feeling unappreciated, if my comments didn't express that, i know i personally love checking out new maps and want to get involved in whatever why i can help sometimes just feedback "shrug"
my apologies for upsetting you over this, it was never my intention.

sincerly
Bro My biggest problem was windows very old operating system plus had to pull cd key from reg file and log in from ini worked out editor working as normal , Sorry for the I quit speech just at the time I had no way of fixing editor without wiping windows and losing cd key I think its best to delete these maps and rebuild attacklevel8 is now Box Inn its not perfect but functional ive tested every ladder and stairs are not perfect but work ....sorry for any misunderstanding