New Map: SunsetCity

Is there a map you want that we don't have?
HeavyMetal
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

New Map: SunsetCity

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Heres some screeny shots of New Map: SunsetCity
Features:
Large Urban Sprawl
Mutiple levels, 3 so far adding sewer also
Stairs are butter smooth, no jumping
Tangos on roofs as well as ground level
Rather large city planned
City was locked down by police, they were killed in action
Map is about 25% right now working on it ;)
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

MrJigglyPuff

Re: New Map: SunsetCity

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Very Nice !!! 8-)
But try saying the map holding your tongue :lol:

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Thunthet Thitty lol :)
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Glad to see another map from you. I like the skybox. Looks like a good mix of sniper and CQB. Any idea on how many tangos planned?

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Ty Xanatos :) I'm thinking around 50 or so, maybe more. Plan to put some snipers in also, the map is gigantic and will probably take a few more weeks to finish. I babysit my gf's kids a lot so its going slow. Still need to upload JungleCamp, fixed the thermal bugs arising from the grass being too large. Really like your videos on youtube Xanatos keep up the good work :D I won't be done mapping anytime soon ;) It's too much fun hehe

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Mon May 09, 2016 8:18 pm

I love it too, but I have to have a mental break. Six months going so far. There's a point where mapping becomes a job and no fun. I always have about a dozen ideas going, but when I actually put pen to paper, the task is too much for one person.

Nevertheless, I can see your hard work. Trust me, I'm the one looking at the rafters and the corners, the use of that light bulb or the smooth hidden mesh ramps. Keep it up. I've tried to learn a new editor, but I'm just stuck too enthralled by the many possibilities this game/editor can take.

Shame we do not have the large crowds playing anymore; back then I barely knew how to subtract two connecting rooms.

We keep this game alive; sure it's outdated, but not many games have endless free new content from a modding community and for a multiplayer FPS no less.

E.Estrada
Site Admin

Post by E.Estrada » Tue May 10, 2016 2:39 am

F25_Xanatos wrote:We keep this game alive; sure it's outdated, but not many games have endless free new content from a modding community and for a multiplayer FPS no less.
This may sound sacrilegious to us RvS aficionados, but that is kinda going on already on Steam. Sure, some people sell their mods/wares but most are free. Xan have you looked into releasing your stuff for RvS through Steam Workshop (no idea if it is even possible for RvS)?
"... a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful." - Yann Martel

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Tue May 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Xanatos you are the man :) Had many fun hours within your maps man ty, and for your willingness to help people :D
And your videos are the bomb hehe, I wanna make a really nice edited video soon of the game/engine in action :)
Was thinking about going back to all my old maps and fixing the black doors and a few glitches etc.
That way I can release all 8-10 maps finished so far in a pack complete with a nice Readme and shoutout section.
Then maybe ;) Oni :) can clear all the old maps and have an easy way to refresh em
I would also like to share some .rsm with you Xanatos, just for giggles hehe i have a few maps that are about 25%
but they look killer :) I will add the link here soon for you, call it UnfinishedRSM.zip hehe

Eric I don't think Raven Shield has workshop support sadly :( maybe we could start a petition with Valve to add it,
would be awesome to auto install mods like 2.0 and TeqPwn mod and such just by clicking Subscribe :D
TY to you guys (Eric, Gary, Xanatos, Tequila, Fodder, Oni, Jigglypuff, Blitz, Old) for keeping the game fun and interesting :D
I've truly had a blast!!! Best game experience ever! hehe

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Tue May 10, 2016 9:33 pm

E.Estrada wrote:
F25_Xanatos wrote:We keep this game alive; sure it's outdated, but not many games have endless free new content from a modding community and for a multiplayer FPS no less.
This may sound sacrilegious to us RvS aficionados, but that is kinda going on already on Steam. Sure, some people sell their mods/wares but most are free. Xan have you looked into releasing your stuff for RvS through Steam Workshop (no idea if it is even possible for RvS)?
I think Steam did away with the pay for mods thing they had going. My stuff has been free even if there were a possibility of money. Unlike game companies, I stay true to the gamer. Moreover, I'm not that good; I have zero formal training. All the truly good mappers came and went in 2003-04. I'd rather go for another Platoon contest though.