Run'n'gun Info - Map Makers

Is there a map you want that we don't have?
SpecOps
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Run'n'gun Info - Map Makers

Post by SpecOps » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:31 am

So basically wanna create or locate Run and gun maps and turkey shoots opposed to swat like gameplay requiring players to think and slow there pace as a whole

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPAWNS**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hotel sono
tunnel rats

above which have 4 way spawn exits with double door widths will generate a wider spread in player activity
reducing the above exits into 2 corridoors wide enough for one player tends to turn run and gun into who gets tk'd first
run and gun maps cant have tangos obscenely hard and borderline aimbot to increase differeculty increase tangos and playable area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
few things ive noticed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* door frames larger than walls trapping players entering room slowing gameplay as they wall run and connect with frame ( i do this alot )

*door frames base to high and causing player to rise up when entering door frame

* players normally hug walls and visual obstacles by the seat of there pants

*if map is to easy add more tangos for turkey shoot

*make players work for kills by eliminating easy grenade opertunitys like lowering cieling height

*that pit or room with 30+ tangos that look like easy pickings but with strategically placed tangos making it not as easy as you thought
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map File Size regardless of redirect because some times yes it goes down so planning ahead
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main reason for file size
sawz one of the players that has slow map recieving times between change upon complete can download + recieve 3mb maps and make into next match with out restarting or haivng to wait a round just to play next map if good players playing ......he will go from map to map without playing a round once

including static meshes textures sounds etc
3 - 4 megabytes per map , the finish size is enough to build a large map with static meshes etc etc floors door etc

another reason for under 3-4 mb ive seen some maps that are 900kb and players will play for hours so overkill or bad planning will squeeze your build

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last but not least everyone loves a turkey shoot

what you guys think ?

MrJigglyPuff

Re: Run n gun maplist

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 am

two words.. God House.

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 am

yep god house nade fest first 40 seconds

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:19 am

But what the nade idiots dont realize is, you need nades at the end. :roll:
And it's funny to see those to stop and disarm the non-functional bomb... :lol:

When I first saw the map, it was on a Pistol Only server, and I was hooked! :mrgreen:
What I like most about the map is there is one path, no deviation (unless you just run past the tangos :oops: ).
Clear the room, next objective. :arrow:

And God House 2, well lets face it..... best part is the boobies!!! :shock:

I miss both maps, and have cried every night since our previous server was shutdown and we lost the maps. :cry:

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)