OS_Thankyou

Is there a map you want that we don't have?
SpecOps
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

OS_Thankyou

Post by SpecOps » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 am

Created map as a Thankyou to all that contribute to hosting maps and hours of tweaking to get the working thanks guys :mrgreen:

Download latest 19/05/15 http://www.moddb.com/games/tom-clancys- ... hankyou-2v

OS_Thankyou enjoy :D

Last edited by SpecOps on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SpecOps

Re: OS_Thankyou

Post by SpecOps » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 pm

rebuilt map as first version sucked
Last edited by SpecOps on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Need Help when this map is completed players get

Critical Error
General protection fault!

History: Setup <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

any one have any ideas >?

Ive completed the map myself on single player and it switches to next map in cycle without error

Teq

Post by Teq » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:06 am

Hi Spec I tested ypur map on my private server and I received same error as your mates.

I checked RavenShield.log as a clinet but there seemed to have no error message.
Also I checked UCC.log as a server and it says:

"ScriptWarning: R6TerroristAI OS_Thankyou.R6TerroristAI154 (Function R6Engine.R6TerroristAI.EngageBySound.ChooseARandomPoint:0023) Accessed None
ScriptLog: (263.33:C) R6TerroristAI154 [EngageBySound|R6TParamilitary08] Call to GotoStateMovingTo with no aMoveTarget or vDestination"
- repeat -

I do not know correct reason. However, it's certain that sometimes RavenShield.exe is shut down when the map requests many many operations and requests their iterations.

The error log says that your terros are trying to move toward "NO target", and you forgot to put path nodes in your map.
Putting path nodes are quite simple. I cannot make any map just like you but I can put path nodes easily lol.

So plz try put path nodes at first. If you finished, terros will move much better than before.

I'm sorry If my suggestion were not correct. Hope this helps.

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:22 am

i tried to place path nodes but kept getting error when rebuild

Pathnode17 Nopaths from Pathnode17

every node does this struggled to find a fix

thanks for taking time out to test map teq your a true legend

ive tried to fix map hopefully ive fixed the problem although still no pathnodes ive resized a few things and deleted duplicates

Teq

Post by Teq » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am

Hi Spec.

Thank you for your giving a hint.

Open Surface Property on streets, floors.

mainfloor 100 --- good
sec_floor 104 --- You should set it to 100. If you use ladder volume or stair volume, you should change this to another floor just like 101 or 099.

Open each R6InsertionZones.

m_iPlanningFloor_0 100 --- good
m_iPlanningFllor_1 104 --- You should set it to 100.

When I added a few path nodes, I could compile without any error.
You are near to fix your map!

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm

mainfloor 100 --- good
sec_floor 104 --- You should set it to 100. If you use ladder volume or stair volume, you should change this to another floor just like 101 or 099.

Open each R6InsertionZones.

m_iPlanningFloor_0 100 --- good
m_iPlanningFllor_1 104 --- You should set it to 100.
Thanks Teq i have changed these settings :)

hopefully fixes map

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 pm

1.Not sure what you mean by path node errors because I was able to put a bunch of them to test the theory.

Right click ->add path node here and keep them close together so they can connect. (Separate no more than a car length as reference).

2. You have used a sheet deployment zone plus individual (green blocks) spawns. I suggest getting rid of the giant white deployment. It gave me issues in Warren Final. Never understood why. Never had an issue just using the green blocks.

Also, on all of the green blocks -> right click -> open R6Availability and set all to MFO_NotAvailable except ones like Story, TerroristHunt, Terrorist Hunt Coop, and Lone Wolf. Also, change the Display -> Texture >open your texture browser and find R6_Common and highlight the Blue C texture (MP_Coop) and then click "use" back on the Insertionzoneproperties tab.

3. Your floor at spawn is -1 for planning. Also, although I rarely use it anymore. You're supposed to go into View -> level properties -> and change the availablitity there as well as set the planning floor parameters like 100 to 104 or whatever you're using. This goes into more detail (http://www.angelfire.com/zine3printpubi ... st_map.htm)

4. Also, your spawn area is just barely 192 units tall (Standing height). Should not be a problem, but perhaps the deployment zone overlapping is causing redundancy instead. Not sure.

5. Also, I don't use "R6DZonePoint" for terrorists. I know lots of people want to use more than 40 tangos, but if you ever watch the DoS log, you will see it constantly repeating messages about too many terrorists. Of course, lots of maps do this and some of mine as well, but I've gone away from making more than 40 tangos so my log is very clean.

I use "R6DZonePoints" and after I add the big and little man to the map, I double click on the big man and go to R6DZone and hit "new" to create 40 or more terrorists. Then I move each little man (40 for minimum and if you go beyond like 41,42,43 they become randomized locations because it cannot fill beyond 40 spots). Same goes if you want to have fun with Coop Spawns and add more than 8 insertion zones so that you can spawn in a unique location.

When I want to use more than 40 max terrorists, I still use the R6DZonePoints (the two guys) for each tango's spawn. This way I can still have the benefit of two random locations for each tango (unless you leave them side by side).

6. Teq is probably right about the tangos just having a hard time to get to you. Normally you can get away with no paths if that is your map design, but sometimes the tangos could be stuck on a platform that causes a wierd error without a path node. Who knows. Even if the tango is stuck on a distant ledge with no way down, I put two path nodes next to each other for him to run back and forth on. Maybe I've avoided the issue you are having all this time by doing that.

SpecOps

Post by SpecOps » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 pm

1.Not sure what you mean by path node errors because I was able to put a bunch of them to test the theory.

Right click ->add path node here and keep them close together so they can connect. (Separate no more than a car length as reference).

They work now just worked out they need to be started close to player spawn blocks to function or you get no path error

2. You have used a sheet deployment zone plus individual (green blocks) spawns. I suggest getting rid of the giant white deployment. It gave me issues in Warren Final. Never understood why. Never had an issue just using the green blocks.

Also, on all of the green blocks -> right click -> open R6Availability and set all to MFO_NotAvailable except ones like Story, TerroristHunt, Terrorist Hunt Coop, and Lone Wolf. Also, change the Display -> Texture >open your texture browser and find R6_Common and highlight the Blue C texture (MP_Coop) and then click "use" back on the Insertionzoneproperties tab.

done

3. Your floor at spawn is -1 for planning. Also, although I rarely use it anymore. You're supposed to go into View -> level properties -> and change the availablitity there as well as set the planning floor parameters like 100 to 104 or whatever you're using. This goes into more detail (http://www.angelfire.com/zine3printpubi ... st_map.htm)

done

4. Also, your spawn area is just barely 192 units tall (Standing height). Should not be a problem, but perhaps the deployment zone overlapping is causing redundancy instead. Not sure.

done

5. Also, I don't use "R6DZonePoint" for terrorists. I know lots of people want to use more than 40 tangos, but if you ever watch the DoS log, you will see it constantly repeating messages about too many terrorists. Of course, lots of maps do this and some of mine as well, but I've gone away from making more than 40 tangos so my log is very clean.

I use "R6DZonePoints" and after I add the big and little man to the map, I double click on the big man and go to R6DZone and hit "new" to create 40 or more terrorists. Then I move each little man (40 for minimum and if you go beyond like 41,42,43 they become randomized locations because it cannot fill beyond 40 spots). Same goes if you want to have fun with Coop Spawns and add more than 8 insertion zones so that you can spawn in a unique location.

When I want to use more than 40 max terrorists, I still use the R6DZonePoints (the two guys) for each tango's spawn. This way I can still have the benefit of two random locations for each tango (unless you leave them side by side).

when you say R6DZonePoints i think you mean R6ZoneRandompoints and add nodes from big guy creating 40 etc nodes .... R6zonepoints wont spawn in tango hunt i tried , also when placed only one guy so im guessing random tangos right as R6DZonePoints only have 1 white guy when placed in map editor

6. Teq is probably right about the tangos just having a hard time to get to you. Normally you can get away with no paths if that is your map design, but sometimes the tangos could be stuck on a platform that causes a wierd error without a path node. Who knows. Even if the tango is stuck on a distant ledge with no way down, I put two path nodes next to each other for him to run back and forth on. Maybe I've avoided the issue you are having all this time by doing that.

done

Thanks guys only just noticed post done as instructed hopefully all done :)

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah, I meant to say random.

There are times, unfortunately, where I have to scrap an entire map for some error beyond my scope of the editor. It could be a copied item from another map like terrain, which is notorious for crashing unless it's built new.

I always have multiple save states for a map. Stable alpha versions I can revert to. Like I said, the editor was butchered to fit the design for RVS. So much is possible in the full version that ran unreal tournament. This editor requires backdoor efforts and some things are turned off totally but the editor says you can do them.

I cannot remember all, but I have found things that worked only in SP and not multiplayer. One of them is seeing a teammate on a lift. Another are lifts that trigger once but when the round restarts, the game does not treat it as a total reset. They remain open until a map change.

Anything causing you to jump laterally or up including walking on steep inclines will make you spin.

So far I cannot replicate my map, Deep Ones fall + teleport and not die. Some little trick I have forgotten how it works.