Two new maps: first finished already

Is there a map you want that we don't have?
F25_Xanatos
Antispam: YES
Please enter the number with the highest value.: 8

Two new maps: first finished already

Post by F25_Xanatos » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:25 pm

DM_Rankin

Angband (Still working on this one.)

HeavyMetal

Re: Two new maps: first finished already

Post by HeavyMetal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:47 am

Wow looks really nice Xanatos :D Can't wait to die in them :) Would like to collaborate with you on one some day :D Keep up the awesome work :D :D :D
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

MrJigglyPuff

Post by MrJigglyPuff » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:58 pm

The first reminds me of a Team Fortress 2 map. The second, something straight outta HELL!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh hehe :lol:

Jig
Avast! Ye be a filthy dirty "landlovin" skallywag and I still be... Captain Bottleneck! Marauder of the highseas!
(cue the theme music!!!)

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Agree with you Puff, the second one reminds me of Mordor! hehe Xanatos is the master!!! (Humbly Bows) :D
"I've made up stuff that's turned out to be real, that's the spooky part..." Tom Clancy

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 pm

First one is the demo map from unreal tournament 2004. I had a lot of fun converting it to RVS. I spent most of my time putting textures and meshes in place. Not really ideal for RVS but it reminds me of the old days.

Angband was the ancient Mordor of middle Earth. Home to Morgoth, the boss of Sauron. It's a bit of Mordor mixed with TES: Oblivion.

Would like a collaborative map. What do you have in mind?

Teq

Post by Teq » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:27 am

Hi Xanatos.

Whta's the "MOSK" map in your photobucket?? Any more new work?

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Mosk is a map I lost on my old hard drive. Been looking for a saved copy everywhere.

Those two pictured are my most recent. Besides red star. I have dozens of "idea" maps that are very basic.

An overpass, two large towers, a giant fire truck static mesh turned into a bigmaps type level, pop goes the weasel/ terrorists, a trial walk map, and a hill assault. These are just a few

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Kinda short on ideas right now but have always been thinking about making a homeless shelter, like city alleyways with Prison mattresses strewn about and barrel fires :D "HoboSanctuary" lol or something along the lines :D Really like your work man, Epic scale you take on :D Hey if you have time Xanatos, right me a little .txt tut for making rain, dont know how to manipulate the emitters that much yet ;)

F25_Xanatos

Post by F25_Xanatos » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Emitters are a pain. They often disappear or refuse to work after a rebuild. I tweaked an existing one for rain that I borrowed from UT2004. I can give you that for my Rankin map or were you looking for the whole map as rain except interiors. In that case, it's different. It's a zone thing not individual emitters.

HeavyMetal

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Either way sounds cool to me :D I think the single emitter would be better because i rarely do outdoor maps :) whenever you have time no rush :) I like the custom fire Ankheter did on Khufu map :D nice and yes i agree emitters are a pain, p.s. i noticed some emitters that arent meant to be used full time, ie they spawn with damage, will disappear such as the R6Steam one, weird but at least sometimes the emitters work :D